VIRTUAL RACE EVENT INFORMATION
There’s still time to be part of the inaugural Road Runner Sports Half Marathon & 5K!
Sign up for our Virtual 13.1 and 3.1 through May 31st, 2015.
For those who aren’t near our inaugural race event or have other obligations on race day we have the option of participating in the Virtual Half Marathon or 5K. A virtual race is a race that can be run at any location. You can walk, use the treadmill, or run outside. You can run your race, at your pace, wherever you like! You sign up online and complete the miles on your own schedule, but you still get many of the benefits of a real-life competition, including accolades, merchandise and bragging rights. To participate, runners register online and complete their miles anytime before May 31, 2015. Follow those steps and participants will receive bib and medal – a shirt for those completing the Half Marathon!
Virtual Race Pricing
$50 for Virtual Half Marathon
$25 for Virtual 5K
All participants will receive an official finisher’s medal and commemorative bib, PLUS Half Marathon participants will receive the super cool technical T-shirt!
- The Virtual Half Marathon & 5K is a separate event from the ‘live’ event on April 12th, 2015.
- Select either the half marathon or 5K distance and register.
- Run your Half or 5K in your hometown (or wherever you happen to be) sometime before May 31st.
- Send us a picture of you with a big smile post-race and we’ll share it on social media (optional, but fun!). Feel free to include which distance you ran and in what time (no cheating!).
- Virtual racers are not eligible for awards or granted official finish times.
- Any virtual questions? Ask the Race Director!
If you can’t make it to Scottsdale for race day, but you still want to join in the fun, here’s your chance!