Volunteer & Join the Fun!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your time and effort is Changing the World! Your Scottsdale Challenge Half Marathon & 5K would not happen without the support from businesses, organizations and people like YOU who volunteer before, during and after this fun event that benefits your community. Know that you can support runners as well as Phoenix Children’s Hospital by being a volunteer at the 2015 Scottsdale Challenge. No experience is necessary to volunteer and there is a wide variety of fun and exciting job choices available. All volunteers receive an official Race Crew T-shirt and the appreciation of thousands of participants who benefit from their support.
Pre-Event Volunteer Opportunities
- Registration and Packet Pick-Up
- Assist in registration, distributing t-shirts and bib numbers at packet pick up.
Day of Event Volunteer Opportunities
- Expo Support: Provide support at the start and finish area. This may include supporting athlete hydration and nutrition needs, distributing medals to athletes, managing athlete gear, and/or providing additional assistance as needed.
- On-Course Support: Provide athlete support on the 5K and Half Marathon courses. This may include assisting in directing athletes on the course, cheering athletes on, and/or supporting athlete hydration/nutrition needs.
- Corporate, small and large group volunteer options are available. Please contact us to learn more and to speak with our volunteer coordinator